Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oh, internet. I am finding artworking to be difficult these days. The problem seems to be a huge mixture of a bunch of different things. I have a ton more free time since I am not getting ready for shows, so I end up not going into the studio quite as early in the morning. And in the evening I've been watching a lot of movies. I have a couple of commissions to work on, but do dumb things like forget my computer cord at home when I go into the studio to work, so I can't use my laptop. Which has all the photos I need to work from for the commissions. I have a ton of ideas for personal work. I started a new series that I will start revealing to you soon. So at least there is that. But that is only like 20% of the ideas I have that I want to be making now during my "non-busy" season. Another huge part of my personal work is to make a children's book dummy (actually, two ... no it's more like 3), and I just can't seem to get started on it. I am intimidating myself, and I need to figure out how to let go!

No more complaining, me. Here is one of my favorite portraits right now:

SARAH FINAL web

Funny to work on a summery portrait in the middle of all the wintery-christmas themed ones. But it makes more sense when I tell you this portrait made its way to Australia where is is now, yes, summery.

1 comment:

Amazing Love said...

I am appreciating what you took to write about this, coz i like portraits painting as well as you! replica clothing