Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Awhile back I was reading this blog and the author mentioned something about his friend who keeps a list of things that he enjoys. "'Watching cartoon cats eat fish' was one of them .. when I saw that, I smiled ... I like that too, especially when they pull the fish back out and it's just a skeleton." That list has stuck in my head. I keep thinking about it, and today I decided to start my own list. Firmly at #1 is "When people call babies busy." I don't know why, it's just so cute to me, and makes me so happy thinking about a baby being busy doing "very important things."

IMG_2158

What would you put on your list?

I have felt simultaneously busy and lazy the last couple of weeks. It was a scramble to get ready for Renegade, and now I am just sort of coasting by. I haven't been to my studio in almost a week (although I do a little bit of work from my satellite office, aka "the couch"). I have portraits to finish, a top secret poster project, and my ever growing list of personal projects.

I am also trying to plan Virginia's first birthday party, which is coming up very soon! I might be crazy, but I'm envisioning fringy crepe paper, homemade cupcakes, and maybe a diy photobooth!

1 comment:

LaLexique said...

Candice, I LOVE when "baby" is "busy"! It makes me crack up too! Board books are notoriously good at identifying busy babies and animals.