Monday, January 3, 2011

I just found out that the book I illustrated, Oliver At The Window, won an honor award from the Society of School Librarians International. I didn't even know it was up for consideration! I'm amazed to be on the same list as someone like Jerry Pinkney. I honestly don't really know if this award is a big deal or not, but hey, it's an award, right?

Here is the most recent portrait I did for my friend, Aubrey:

aubrey blooms final web

Aubrey is an amazing woman and fellow crafter. Her production is staggering, and her product is always warmly received at shows. I feel like I hold my head a little higher when I wear her blooming headband.

And finally, Brandon is teaching the baby how to play the drums. This might be a bad idea.

drumming

2 comments:

Ms. Code said...

Congrats on your first award! Hopefully it is the first of many.

And teaching the baby to play drums is a VERY bad idea (speaking from experience) - but it is pretty cute! :)

Game.Set.Match Team said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!

Visit our blog, too:
www.games-sets-matches.blogspot.com