Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Life has been pretty hectic and slow all at once. This girl keeps me guessing:
Gif Created on Make A Gif
One night she'll sleep for 5 hours, the next for 9. I never know what to expect. It's always a gamble: do I stay awake to work after she's gone to bed and risk only 4 hours of sleep? I usually end up just zonking out at the same time as her. Especially since I am currently ALMOST caught up with all my christmas orders. Everything I have left can be hand-delivered, so I'm not rushing against time and the post office. It's nice to take it slow for once.

I've also been working on a personal embroidery project, and plan to do a few more in the immediate future. I checked out The Embroidery Companion from the library, and it is amazing. Usually I will check out craft books, flip through them, think the projects are nice, want to attempt to make them, but never do. But I feel like almost every project in this book is just calling out to me. I can't resist. I like it so much that when I realized I can't renew the book any more since someone else requested it, I decided to buy it. I suppose since it's a reference book there's a loophole in my "YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BUY NOVELS ANY MORE" rule (we have too many books!). I also usually look at craft projects with a business woman's eye: How can I alter this idea into something that I can make and sell? This time, I'm not doing that! I'm embroidering for the simple joy of embroidering, and I'm loving it.

Oh, Virginia must be hungry. See you later!

out the window

2 comments:

Little White Paw said...

Aw! She's very cute! Don't you love all their different expressions?! Endlessly entertaining! I feel like since Oona's arrival I am always busy but get nothing done. It's a challenge! But babies are so cute and sweet that can't hardly blame them.

Candice Hartsough McDonald said...

yes i could stare at her all day! i don't want to miss anything!