Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Today is beautiful outside! I should really take myself out for a walk, but occasionally I'm finding some of my first trimester nauseousness making a comeback ... and it's happening today, of course. So I'm enjoying my back porch. Which was nice and peaceful until my neighbor's handyman arrived and made her dog yip like crazy. Shush!


The baby is still growing, see?

25 weeks
Taken this afternoon.

Here is something I made for my friend Amanda's baby, who is due to arrive about 6 weeks before my little McNugget.

DSC_0348

It's just a little pillow thing I made out of scraps. I put a jingle bell inside, but it's sort of muffled. I would like to make more toys like this, but I need to figure out how to make it less muffled. Also I should make them a bit smaller. I think this one will be good for hugging, but it's not so good for jingling, really, since it might be difficult for a little guy to grab and shake. I'm hoping to be able to unveil a bunch of new little things like this to bring to shows this summer to keep my booth fresh!

4 comments:

jenny elkins said...

I have seen the little squeaky inserts for sale at Pet Smart. I think a baby toy with a squeaker would be fun. Do you? Is it too pet like?

Candice Hartsough McDonald said...

Oh, that might be good! I've thought about doing pet toys, too, although I'll have to make them out of burlap or something so they're indestructible! I made mona a catnip toy from felt once ... big mistake. :)

Julie said...

Crochet patterns for rattles and stuff say to use cat toys, like the little balls that look like a cage with a bell inside.

I think that you're onto something. Would putting noisy stuff (bells, crunchy stuff, marbles) into caterpillars make you even MORE popular!?! Bossome!

Good luck with the nausea. :-( Ginger snaps, ginger Altoids, spearmint... If we're designed to have lots and lots of babies, why is it such a miserable process?

Candice Hartsough McDonald said...

Good tip, Julie! I'll have to look for those as well.

The nausea isn't as bad as it was at first. At the beginning I felt sick almost constantly and couldn't find a lot of food that sounded good to eat. Now it will just be a random wave that passes pretty quickly, which is wonderful! I find keeping a pack of tick tacs at hand is the most helpful. :)