Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hello!

Although at first glance July seemed to be a barren, art-free month, it's turning around quite nicely. I have no shows lined up, but just last week my portraits were featured in Etsy Finds. This is published online, but it also goes out in a mailing list to whoever subscribes. My shop saw many new pairs of eyes, and I got a few new portrait commissions, so things are looking up! Here are some portraits I've done recently, all for Father's Day gifts:

lisa-final-web

rob final web

theresa final web

I've been really enjoying doing these projects, and getting to know the families through their pictures and stories. Keep 'em coming, everyone!
ETA: I just realized that all three of these have little boys with their arms raised high! A coincidence? What does this tell you about my brain? I don't know.

We started a garden again this year. Got kind of a late start, but things are finally starting to come up.

Here are some cucumbers that are already about ready to eat!

DSC_0280

They were an accident ... we did not plant these on purpose, you see, they are growing ...

DSC_0279
out the side of the compost bin! How silly!

1 comment:

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Awesome new portraits!
I added you to my blogroll too!