Saturday, April 24, 2010

Brandon and I went out to a members event at the WFYI station tonight. It was pretty fun. We saw a blues band playing live on the air, and got free Yats and hummus and coke. We don't go out a whole lot, so it was nice to have a little date.

It is extremely windy and a little bit rainy right now. I am really hoping for a thunderstorm. Hearing that would make me feel very happy. I've been having a not-to-productive kind of day, which is making me feel sort of depressed. So something making me happy would be good.

Here is a peony about to bloom.

DSC_0057

It's amazing to think all of those fluffy beautiful petals are all closed up so tight in that little ball. I can't wait till they open.

And our garden gnome, who is significantly more creepy this year than he was last.

DSC_0049

I've been trying really hard to remember what the other thing was that I wanted to tell you about yesterday, and I finally just figured it out. I got a new camera! Those two pictures are some of my test shots. It's a DSLR, and I'm so excited to play around with it. I haven't used an SLR in ages, so I'm basically relearning it. The one I got doesn't show a live display on the screen, so I actually have to put it up to my eyeball and look through the viewfinder. It's sort of weird, but awesome.

No comments: