Thursday, December 17, 2009

I am bad at getting up at a reasonable hour. Reasonable, for me, is around 7. I like getting up early. I love the feel of the morning, and it feels like I get way more done. I'm usually much more lazy in the evening time, so if I get up early, and go to bed early, I avoid a lot of unnecessary slacking. Alas, the winter is making me want to hibernate. I'm not getting up till 8 (on a library work day) or later (on my art work day). Today is a library work day. I am slacking so much that I'm not even going to shower! Take that, world! Actually I'm not taking a shower because I think my hair might look better that way? I got a slightly bad haircut the other day. I've had cuts that were too short, weren't exactly what I was expecting, decided I didn't like bangs. But this hair cut ... it's a BAD haircut. The lady did a bad job. I have a huge chunk on the left side of my head, but not the right. Come on, at least give me symmetrical chunks! Also the layers in the back aren't even at all, there's super long next to super short. It's just terrible. I spent yesterday at work wishing I could put books over my head so no one would see it. I'm going to see about getting the place to fix it for free, however I'm now afraid they will make it even worse. Gah!

Ok enough stalling. Time to get ready for work.

3 comments:

@eloh said...

Beautiful picture.

What's the story on your second book? You know I'm in for a couple.

I would think you would have a fairly good path blazed to publish a book of your own... the pictures tell the story...

Candice Hartsough McDonald said...

i don't have any extra copies of that one at the moment. I'm hoping to order some soon, though, probably in the new year.

yes, i really want to make a book with little/no words, with only pictures guiding you along.

julie said...

sorry about your hair. i've been there and it's awful. then it's awful because you feel like a jerk for being depressed about something as trivial as a bad haircut. but it's a big deal! i'm sure that you look cute as always, though.