Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Today is me and Brandon's (Brandon and I's) second wedding anniversary. Can't believe it's been that long already! I wonder if the rest of our lives will go this quickly. Probably.

Brandon took the day off, and this afternoon we went to the apple orchard. Here we are in the orchard, making faces:

DSC05369

Here we are 3 years ago at the same orchard, also making faces:

apple orchard

We don't often take pictures without making faces.

Also, please note that in both pictures Brandon is wearing the same jacket. And I almost picked out the same jacket to wear as well. That would have been really weird.

We saw a tree growing inside another tree:

DSC05367

In the orchard shop, I pounced on this jar:

DSC05375

It shall be mine, and it is.

Tonight we went to a fancy dinner at a place called Barcelona Tapas, which I've been wanting to go to for a very long time. It wasn't really as expensive as I had feared, and it was delicious. You pick from perfect Candice and Brandon sized portions that you share with each other, and for dessert we had a plate of figs, dates, almonds, walnuts, oranges, and apples. How rare for a dessert in America to not be smothered in chocolate.

Here is a sneak peak of one of my new cat hybrids that will be appearing at the INDIEanna Handicraft Exchange this weekend:

DSC05372

There will be two other new ones there, as well as the cat-erpillars you are used to. Hopefully this winter I will continue to develop new hybrids, including some involving dogs, and other such exotic animals.

2 comments:

@eloh said...

Congratulations, I have tried many times to get rhubarb to grow for me but it just doesn't get cold enough for it down here.

I like the idea of more animals, and the new cat.

You kids are a good looking couple.

julie said...

brandon's and mine? mine and brandon's? i was talking about this kind of conundrum with the 5th grade teacher at my school today....

great to see you last weekend!