Monday, September 14, 2009

So, Allison and I are back from Renegade! It was a great fun time for all, and I'm so glad I had a chance to participate! But I can't even describe to you how glad I am to be home, and how lovely it feels to have spent the last 3 hours eating breakfast, drinking coffee, and browsing the internet. A day of rest. I feel quite slothful, but can afford a day or two of lounging before I get back into the swing of things.

Here is the run down. We got to stay with Allison's amazing friends Matt and Jamie. They live in a beautiful apartment only about a mile or so away from the fair, which was quite convenient. We learned how to parallel park in a spot that had literally only 3 inches to spare on either end in front of their place. They spoiled us with a Spanish style breakfast on the second day: a delicious egg dish somewhere between an omelet and a quiche, toasted tomato bread with olive oil, and bacon. Thank you so much for your hospitality, if you ever read this!

Here is the long line of booths beside ours:

Our Renegade Booth

When we first arrived it was so hectic. We were part of the last group to unload since our booth was at the end. Allison had to drive around looking for a place to park while I started setting everything up. Soon everything fell into place and we settled in for two long days of smiles plastered onto our faces.

Our booth pretty much looked like this all day:

Our Renegade Booth

Here is my lovely table:
Our Renegade Booth

And Allison's beautiful jewelry:
Our Renegade Booth

And some super cute bulldogs:
Our Renegade Booth

We saw so many cute dogs and adorable babies. A dog and baby neighborhood.

I felt honored to meet Sue Daly who is the organizer of the Renegade Craft Fair. She specifically said she wants more cat-erpillars to sell in their store front as soon as I can get 'em to her. Who knew that a cat hybrid would be so popular? Here they are in their very appropriate cardboard box display:
Our Renegade Booth

We were both seriously dreading the time to pack up and go home. We imagined over 300 cars trying to jam their way down Division street, and hours spent trying to get out after our car was loaded up. But when 7:00 arrived and most of the vendors kept trying to sell, we started breaking everything down. We had a neat little pile by 7:30, and Allison went to get the car to wait in the "line" we imagined (cars weren't allowed onto the street until 8). But by some huge miracle, she ended up being the 2nd car in line! We threw everything in like a perfectly fitting puzzle, and were on the road by 8:15! Amazing.

Here is the skyway on the way home:
Our Renegade Booth

Goodbye, Chicago! It was fun.


James N. said...

Good to meet you in person, come back anytime. You should look at the Hyde Park Art Fair for next year, your art might go over quite well there.

hiro said...

Nice to meet you.

I was going to paste the link without permission because I had very felt the interest for your blog.

Please link me with the blog if it is good.