Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I don't remember if I told you, but my friend Allison and I applied for the Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago. And we got in. Although this is amazingly awesome, it is also my biggest nightmare. It's going to be busy. I have a lot of product to make. It's less than a month away. I worry I won't make enough and I will run out of things to sell by the end of the first day.

But it's going to be an amazing experience. And I can't wait for it to be over.

Here is what my table looks like when I'm in the middle of a sewing project.

DSC05218

Not sure why I mess around with sewing. I have absolutely no speed when it comes to sewing (well I have no speed when it comes to anything really, I'm a pretty slow worker), which ends up meaning I make something like $1 an hour when all is said and done. But I just love how stuffies and pins end up looking. So cute!

For example, here is a cat that someone commissioned.

DSC05213

It only has 4 legs, what??

And here is a secret picture I took of Brandon yesterday.

DSC05216

He's cute.

3 comments:

James N. said...

Renegade Art Fair is the same weekend as German Fest up in my hood. Who's up for beer and polka?

Pearl Grey said...

Mr Weird 4 legs has been formally introduced to his sentient feline inspiration and has a lovely new home on the easy chair in my studio. :)

Candice Hartsough McDonald said...

hooray! i'm glad they get along. i wonder if they will have different personalities. :)