Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hello, everyone. It's me.

About a week and a half remain until the Renegade Craft fair in Chicago. Wish I could hire someone to do my stitchin'. Not sure how I'll get everything done in time. Hopefully, with the long weekend, it will be a breeze.

Sunday a friend of mine from high school is hosting a *reunion* of sorts in South Bend, and I would really love to go, but just don't know if I will have the time. I'm wrestling between knowing life is short and all that and I should visit my pals when the chance arises, and the thought that if I drive to South Bend and take an entire day off that my sanity will be at stake. What to do?

Here is a blurry pic of our tent at the Feast of Lanterns yesterday:

DSC05258

It was a beautiful day. such wonderful fall-like weather. if this is what global warming gives us, I will take it. Sorry polar bears. The Feast of Lanterns is such a weird event for me, as a vendor. It begins around noon, and usually we sit there for many many hours before anyone is even ready to start buying things. Sort of hard to trudge through, but since it was so nice out I was just glad to be outside. The thing that always worries me the most is that it is not over until 11pm. The park where it's held is not in the MOST stellar neighborhood ever, although it is trying. But even if it was in the safest place in the world, I would still not feel safe packing up my car at midnight. I am a very paranoid person, and expect a robber or kidnapper to appear behind every corner. Sally and I tried to pack up as quickly as possible. It still took about an hour to get everything ready to go. On one of my trips to the car, I heard some arguing in the house across the street from my car ... and later on a woman involved in the fight approached us and asked us for a ride to the battered woman's shelter where she lives ... so i was wondering why she left the battered woman's shelter to visit the man who hits her and steals her money. I told her to go tell a cop she was robbed, but she didn't want to. Sort of sketchy. Neither one of us had room for her in our cars anyway. So, I'm really sorry, lady.

This morning I enjoyed my coffee in my brand new Sadly Harmless mug that I love.

DSC05259

And then in the afternoon I learned how to do needle felting with the Indianapolis Craft Mafia. Very fun and stabby!

Time for bed!

7 comments:

@eloh said...

Have you heard anything on the books yet?

Candice Hartsough McDonald said...

not yet but i'll letcha know! :)

@eloh said...

Okay, My daughter in law takes part in that same fair.

Will you have any of your tatoo drawing with you? I thought I might send one of the girls to find you and buy a couple things for me.

Candice Hartsough McDonald said...

awesome that she'll be there! what is her name/business name? i could look for her, too. I will definitely bring the tattoo drawing, I will probably bring a lot of copies of that one too, so hopefully it won't sell out :)

SunnyD said...

hello, lady! mike and i are coming down the last weekend in september. if you've recuperated from the busy crafting, could we all hang out sometime then? i promise people will have fun. i'm not sure which people, but someone will. i'm sure of it. also, my blog is super old. so...yea. that's my story.

Candice Hartsough McDonald said...

Hello, Sunny! Last weekend in september sounds great!

@eloh said...

I am too dumb to find an e-mail for you so I e-mailed the girls to find you.