Saturday, July 25, 2009

i used the word "lovely" 4 times in this post, but i fixed it. you're welcome.

king web

This was created by, as my little brother put it, *cheating*. I drew the image in pencil then colored it with colors stolen from other drawings I've done in the past. I wouldn't call that cheating, since everything I used I created myself ... I would just call it *smart*, because it was wicked fast.

So after not driving my car for months because the brakes were weird, having them looked at by 2 different places, then having the brake light come on last week and getting the wheel cylinder replaced to solve the leaking brake fluid problem ... the brakes on my bike are funky. the front ones stick a little bit. I'm not sure what it is with me and brakes ...

I am still not fully out of vacation mode. I've done some work today, but I'm being very slow about it. This morning was wonderful. Brandon went into work (yes, on a Saturday), so I had the house to myself. It was raining and cool out, so I opened up all the windows and doors to air out the house. I did some drawing, and it was lovely. Then this afternoon I went for a bike ride (where I discovered the break problem) to take pictures and pick up some pita bread. Tonight is taco night, and I'm also going to make a salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, and basil from the garden. This summer is great. I'm hoping the searing hot temperatures stay away forever, but perhaps I'm asking too much.

2 comments:

@eloh said...

There isn't a picture showing for this blog post, for me anyway. So I clicked on the "x" and was over there forever. Pictures from your last show. Really pretty stuff.

Candice Hartsough McDonald said...

thanks :)

hmm, i wonder why you have an x?