Sunday, July 12, 2009

Right now I feel like I have a giant cotton ball on my head. I finished a huge project earlier today, except for a few odds and ends ... well the odds and ends will take awhile to work out, but at least the biggest part of this big project is completed. Finally. I have very literally been coloring and coloring for days. It seems for as long as I can remember I've been sitting here, wild eyed, listening to episode after episode of The Office, my pinky finger getting rubbed raw from scraping back and forth across the paper, my pointer finger developing a red lump against the pencil. It feels really good to no longer have it all hanging over my head, but I think the feeling of it being done is what is causing this cotton ball. I almost feel like I don't know what to do with myself, even though I have plenty to do. It's like since I no longer have this huge thing dominating every waking hour of my life, I am now free to choose things from my to-do list, and that freedom is freaking me out.

So, step one ... here is our first cucumber:

DSC04882

This is not the baby one I showed you before. This was one that was growing in secret, and is way bigger than the other one. Although that one can probably be picked any time now. How fast my babies are growing up.

Step two ... make dinner. We're having good old fashioned meat loaf. Even though I'm not usually a huge ground beef fan, this meal redeems itself due to the use of ketchup. I love ketchup. One time Brandon helped me make a grocery list, and he wrote "growd befe" instead of ground beef. He also wrote "ketcup" and "gamola bars." Then he gave me the list with a straight face. It was one of the most amazing grocery lists ever, and it is currently hanging on the fridge in a place of glory.

No comments: