Saturday, June 20, 2009

Today is Celebrate Irvington and the Irvington Art Walk all rolled into one. I have my collective noun show hanging at the new Math Center, so I'll be over there today sitting around for a long 6 hours. I really have no idea what to expect in terms of turnout, but I guess I'll find out. I'm not really expecting much, but who knows. Since the business I'm hanging at is new, and today is their grand opening, perhaps people will be very curious to check it out. I'm bringing prints and things, too, so fingers crossed I'll make a few dollars. It's kind of a cute neighborhood thing they're doing; there's the art walk, which gets people to visit the local businesses and see some art. But there's also things like: a fish fry, a vintage sale, a Cultural Fact Quest, prizes, and a concert later tonight. I'm hoping to convince Brandon that we need to go to the concert.

If you happen to read this today, and you're looking for something to do, here's some info: http://sites.google.com/a/irvingtonart.org/irvington-art-walk/Home

it kind of freaks me out how fast our garden is growing:

June 10th:
DSC04770

June 19th:
DSC04802

June 10th:
DSC04761

June 19th:
DSC04796
(different angle ... same freaking huge pumpkin!)

june 10th:
DSC04768

June 19th:
DSC04798
(tomatoes are growing too fast for us to help them through their cages! they're gonna bust out!)

2 comments:

Sarah Knight said...

good luck with the garden!
art walks are always fantastic : )

@eloh said...

Garden is looking good. Hope you sell a few prints today.