Thursday, May 28, 2009

i'm trying to see what is good instead of focusing on what is bad. A couple days ago while discussing something bad the song "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" (Monty Python, come on) just popped into my head all on its own. And I listened.

The best thing about yesterday was when I was walking home. I was approaching an intersection and I smelled black top. Normally, the smell of black top is nothing to celebrate, except yesterday it was. As soon as I smelled it, I knew exactly what it was from: they had repaved University Ave. I could have cried with happiness! University was one of the worst roads I have ever driven on in my life, but it has such a convenient route that I take it often (possibly why my muffler is now presumably loose ...). The city bus also found it convenient, which is why it was so torn up. It was basically one giant pot hole with some small sections of road. It was a death sentence to ride a bike down it (so instead you ride on the sidewalk and get attacked by large overgrown bushes and thorny roses). But now it is beautiful and smooth and I can't wait to take a drive down it without getting a headache after two blocks. Hooray, city, you finally granted my wish.

I'm too tired to think of something good about today. So I will leave you with this:

DSC04657

2 comments:

jenny elkins said...

I blogged about you today. We need to get together soon. I am real busy and I am sure you are too! shoot!!!!

@eloh said...

Just like a cat to look all nonchalant when she is fixin to star on your blog.

I sing Sunny side of Life to myself a lot.