Wednesday, December 3, 2008

well, there's gotta be SOMETHING good right now ...

Another lemon hit today, although you never know, it could always be a blessing in some way? Brandon's Christmas present from his company is that his last day of work is two days before christmas :\ I knew what the sentence was about when he opened his mouth on the phone today (we've been expecting this for months), and I completely figured he would say next wednesday was his last day. So, at least we have until the end of the month, I guess. Well, I HAVE always wanted him to be able to stay and hang with my family for a day or two after Christmas ... doh! He usually has to get back immediately. So there is that. And the company found no loopholes, so he'll be able to collect unemployment while he looks for a new job. And guess what? No more 2nd shift! Unless he finds a new 2nd shift job ... ideally he'll find a *regularly* houred job.

Yesterday's lemon is that Brandon's grandma is very sick and in the hospital. They just found out she has cancer. So we'll be keeping her in our thoughts, and visiting her tomorrow. I'm not sure how Brandon is taking it ... he isn't extremely close to her, but he showed almost no reaction whatsoever when I gave him the news. I hope he's not keeping lots of things inside. He likes to do that sometimes.

Yesterday also had a ... lime? I guess? Or ... a cookie? Something good. I have another interview at the library. For a slightly less appealing job (read: less pay), but the man on the phone straight up told me if I got it, I'd be more likely to get the position I want if it opens up again. We'll see what happens this time ...

Here are the animals I made for the plush show at gnosis:

frank the owl

sophisticated cat-erpillar

side one:
mean cloud

side two:
happy cloud
(click any one to see it bigger ... i would suggest doing so!)

The opening is Friday night, so check it out if you can!

ALSO most importantly, if you can't make it out to the opening, and you'd love to get your hands on one of my little guys, let me know. They can be made to order! Just in time for the holidays ... hint hint!

So, things aren't going the greatest, but again they could always be worse. My parents had this same house/job situation when they were first married, except they had the added bonus of just finding out they were going to be bringing me into the world. At least we don't have that to worry about right now ...

5 comments:

James N. said...

I love the cat, but why does it have five paws, is it from Three Mile Island?

Candice Hartsough McDonald said...

haha, it is possible. he is a cat-erpillar! here is his granddad: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cordialkitten/104183318/in/set-72157594240202278

Candice Hartsough McDonald said...

that didn't work ...

try this?

The Green Telephone said...

That owl might just be the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Samantha said...

Hey there Candice, you may remember me. I love your work. I used to work with Brandon. Tell Brandon to shoot me an email at sammiedo26@yahoo.com, I may have some connections if he needs a job. I'll start emailing around. It is super sad though.