i made a "nacho bar" today for my friend Jenny, and it was awesome (we used to die over the qdoba nacho bar at United meetings)! i made this salsa and it was great:
* 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
* 1/2 teaspoon oregano
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
* 3 tablespoons red onions, finely diced
* 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
* 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
* 1 (4 ounce) can jalapeno peppers, diced
* 1 teaspoon vinegar
* chopped fresh serrano peppers, to taste
* 1/2 fresh lemon, juice of
Combine all ingredients and mix well. heh.
i just didn't put in any cilantro because meijer was out, which is strange. but it was so yummy! it kind of tasted like the mild salsa from chi chi's restaurant. we had that, guacamole, citrus-marinated-then-george-foreman-grilled chicken, cheese dip, sour cream, refried beans, and mexican rice. it was a feast!
the worst thing was chopping the peppers ... my nose started to run, so i went to blow it, but neglected to wipe the pepper juice completely off my fingers, apparently. the inside of one nostril was burning up! it really sucked, and nothing would help it! don't do that, if you make the salsa. trust me.