i stole this from a friend:
"You know how sometimes people on your friend's list post about stuff going on in their life, and all of a sudden you think "Wait a minute? Since when are they working THERE? Since when are they dating HIM/HER? since when???" And then you wonder how you could have missed all that seemingly pretty standard information, but somehow you feel too ashamed to ask for clarification because it seems like info you *should* already know? It happens to all of us sometimes.
Please copy mine below, erase my answers putting yours in their place then post it in your journal! Please elaborate on the questions that would benefit from elaboration! One-Word-Answers seldom help anyone out :)"
1. First Name: Candice. With an "i"
2. Age: In August, I will be a quarter of a century + 1
3. Location: Indianapolis, IN. I've lived here on and off for the past 8 years (woah), steady since about 2003, I think. I came here to go to the Herron School of Art in 2000 when I graduated from high school. I used to go home (south bend) for summers till i moved into the rockin' "Herron dorm" with my bestest friend, Sarah. And then some time later we got the best roommate ever, who was Sarah's sis Angie. I still consider both of them my bestest friends, even though I don't talk to them as often as I would like, and we now all live in different cities and/or states. But I always have the greatest time with them. It's good to feel at ease with someone! Woah, that question kind of drifted ... Ok, well, then the thing that sealed the deal for me living in Indianapolis was I started dating my current husband.
4. Occupation: Freelance illustrator. I took the plunge in December of '07 and left my "sure thing" job (I still miss the good times a whole lot ... afternoon giggle attacks, quiet sneaker sneak-attacks, just being around good people who know how to laugh, etc). Of course I had a husband-backup, but I had saved up a whole lot of money in order to stay at home and draw, since he can't completely support the both of us. I have since used up all that money in order to buy a new house. Now I can honestly say I earn my living as an artist. Well, except for that biweekly $25 I bring home from the sprinkling of hours I've been getting from a natural/organic foods store near my house.
5. Partner?: Brandon aka Dondon aka Baron Brandon VonDonald III, Earl of Monocles. We had class together on the very first day of Herron. It was color theory. Although we were both wowed by the color abilities of Sherry Stone-Clifton, our professor, our love did not bloom until 5 years later, when he had a class that ended right before mine started. He would stay late and talk to me since I had an open studio. One time before we dated he called me and I told Angie to tell him I wasn't home; but then i found out he knew I was home because Sarah told him I was. Then I felt really bad about lying, so I made him a comic explaining why I didn't want to talk to him at the time (I had just had a really bad day at work and was crabby as heck), and then he thought that was really cool, and the rest is history.
6. Kids: No kids, although truthfully, livejournal, the kid-bug does bite me from time to time. I was feeling it strongly last week, but not so much this week. Biological clock, I shake my fist at you! Or something.
7. Brothers/Sisters: Two brothers, who are great. Deren, 22, and Max, 12.
8. Pets: We have one kitty, Mona. She is wonderful, but very high maintenance. If she hears my alarm clock, she will not allow me to press snooze, as she keeps waking me up with her very urgent meows. She enjoys playing with a white ribbon, scratching at her cardboard scratchy-thing, sticking her head between mini blinds to see outside better, and hiding out and galloping around in the attic if I accidentally leave the door open. Her dislikes include the basement, the sound of the weedeater and vacuum, and being sprayed with a water bottle.
9. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
1.) I'm illustrating my first children's book, which is my life's dream. What will I have left to look forward to when this is done? My life is over!
2.) I'm trying really hard to re-learn how to use capital letters in sentences. Curse you, microsoft word, for correcting my lowercase i's for so long.
3.) We just bought a house, and it is overwhelming and great and scary and the best all at once.
10) Where and for what did you go to school for?: Aw man, I kind of answered that one already. Well, Herron. For 5 years. Would have been 4 1/2, but something made me just go ahead and take an extra semester, which is good because that is when my husband and I started dating. I have a BFA in fine art, and a minor in Art History. Venus of Willendorf, anyone??
11) Parents? Are constantly not believed when they say they have a daughter who is married, and who is also almost 26. My mom is ... 47, and dad is 48. They are great, and will do anything for me. I love them and miss them all the time. But I'm sorry, South Bend, I do not want to live there any more.
oh and this:
it's a section from an illustration I just finished. I like it because it looks like the dude finds her armpit to smell delightful. It was a total accident.